[Recruitment] English and Chinese speaking assistant
This position is filled as of 8 Oct. 2021.
National Chung Hsing University (NCHU) astronomy group is seeking a part-time Chinese-English speaking assistant.
Required Qualification: Fluency in Chinese and conversation level of English.
Preferential ability: Research-related knowledge is NOT required. Experiences of administrative works in an academic field and language ability have priorities for this position. Candidates with relevant backgrounds and expertise are encouraged to apply, although all exceptional candidates will be considered.
- Explain Chinese emails and documents to Tetsuya and foreigners in our group
- Faculty meeting documents
- Grant proposal related
- School announcements
- Most emails are not important, but it is important not to miss a few important ones
- Collect information on any application about research grant, award, prize, scholarship, and etc, and summarize it including
- Required qualification
- Application form and its translation if necessary
- Communicate with staff at the department office and manage our MOST grant together. Chinese communication is needed to better understand
- Chinese phone calls
- Other minor help including
- Sending FedEx
- Purchase from Chinese shops
- Hotel, airplane reservations (only a few times a year)
- Maintain group blog and website
- Teach Chinese to Tetsuya (if extra time)
- Language support for foreigners in our group
- Help ARC, Tax, and other government-related documents
Working hours: Three half-days (4 hours×3) per week. Actual working time and days are flexible.
Workplace: Department of Physics, National Chung Hsing University, No. 145, Xingda Rd., South Dist., Taichung City 40227, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with your qualification and actual working hours. For example, 12,000 NTD per month for three half-days a week.
To apply, please send your resume including (1) educational background, (2) work experience, and (3) certificates of language ability if you have as a single PDF to Prof. Tetsuya Hashimoto.
The search begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. The expected start month is October 2021.
For further information about our research group, see the following URL.
Prof. Tetsuya Hashimoto
Informal inquiries can be made to Prof. Tetsuya Hashimoto (firstname.lastname@example.org).