2nd International Workshop on
Particle Physics and Cosmology after Higgs and Planck
October 8-9, 2014 - National Center for Theoretical Sciences, Hsinchu, Taiwan
October 10-11, 2014 - Fo-Guang-Shan, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Taiwan currently offers visa-free entry privileges to citizens of 31 countries listed below.
- All of them are limited to stays of no more than 30 days, except for Japanese citizens.
- These have been granted 90-day visa-free entry privileges since Feb. 1 of this year to fulfill the principle of reciprocity, as Taiwanese citizens are already enjoying the same privileges when visiting Japan since 2005.
- Visitors from a small number of other countries can obtain a landing visa upon arrival.
- Citizens from all other countries should have a valid visa before departure.
- More information can be found at the Bureau of Consular Affairs, where
visa application forms are available, as well as a list of
ROC (Taiwan) Embassies around the world.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia,
Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, *Ireland, Italy, *Japan,
Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg,
Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands , New Zealand, Norway,
Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
*U.K., U.S.A., and Vatican City State.
Passport holders of India, Thailand, Philippines, Viet Nam, Indonesia,
who also possess a valid visa or permanent residence certificate issued by
U.S.A., Canada, Japan, U.K., Schengen Convention countries, Australia or New Zealand.
Travelers meeting the above qualifications and
having never been employed in Taiwan as blue-collar workers,
have to first register information concerning their documents and personal data
into the "Advance Online Registration System for the Visitors of Nationals
from Five Southeast Asian Countries to Taiwan".
the printed confirmation is used to validate the traveler
during the boarding and the immigration check.
During the immigration check,
travelers who can not show a valid visa or permanent resident visa
issued by one of the aforementioned developed countries
will not be admitted into the country.
- Holders of emergency or temporary passports with validity more than six months
for nationals of those countries eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- Holders of USA passport with validity less than six months.